Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich vs Poor Pets
I agree with you too platy.
I know a woman who makes more money per week than I have ever made in a year, and with 3 houses but she has abandoned her cat. She pays money for the cat's food, and any other needs, such as vet's bills etc, and I cannot fault her on that. But there is more to having an animal companion than just the bills paid.

On the other hand I met a street guy a couple of years ago begging outside the Catholic church. His dog, a female Staffy, was with him. It was December, and she was wearing a nice dog coat, and half wrapped in a duvet. She certainly wasn't cold, and when she got up to say hello to me I could see how well and well fed she looked. That was a really loved and looked after dog, no matter what his circumstances were. She looked relaxed to be with him, and happy.
In the end it is always love that makes the difference for a pet. No matter how little you have you can love with a full heart. And when you love like that you will give your pet the best you can give. I think pets know when we are giving our best. They appreciate it and give their best back in return.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine