Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beautiful animal stories
The video about the raccoon is wonderful and happy even though it started from a sad situation. Good comes when caring people get together with animals.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The horses and the prisoners is wonderful too. The horses are bringing out the best in the prisoners and changing their lives.
Whenever we care for animals it makes us better people.

What the woman has done for the little raccoon is incredible. She can't fix the damage, but she can help him to be the best he can be and give him a happy life. She goes to great lengths to make it so.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes they are loving stories. That dear little Raccoon must be having such a happy life. Thank goodness Dorothy was there, because that was a very bad start with some cruel people.

It's good to see the program with horses and inmates. It's amazing how loving and relating to animals can change our ways. They bring us more 'into our Hearts' I think.

I remember a similar program with inmates fostering dogs, but I have forgotten where that was. I think I read it about a year ago. That program has been very successful. It helps to have some worthwhile work, involving an animal friend, with love!
I think there is more than one prisoners and animals program. I know there is more than one dog program, but I would have to look for it. Giving the prisoners something to care for is what changes them. They are needed and they can really help. It gives them a good sense of purpose.

The woman with the raccoon is one of those special people. The little raccoon would have been put down. There is no way he would have had a reasonable quality of life. She has given him so much and he is a happy little fellow. He  knows he is loved and I hope he has forgotten the horrible incident that left him damaged.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine