Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Grylls stunt an act of animal cruelty
(09-04-2016, 04:59 PM)Catherine Wrote: I would hope that no one would want to go on a show like this, but I suppose people are lined up waiting for a chance. It doesn't speak too highly of people that they want to go on the show and it isn't good that so many people want to watch it......it seems there is still a desire to see killing as entertainment.
Sadly, you are absolutely right. Some humans have "killing is fun" (or at least "killing is fun to watch") instincts. As a race, we still have a long way to go. However, an increasing number of humans are turning their back on cruelty and killing for pleasure.
Shows like this will be something that separates people. You will know a lot about a person's values by knowing if they watch the show.

People who reject animal cruelty as entertainment my be a minority right now, but I think the numbers will grow. We have a long way to go. but at least some of us have started the journey.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sorry LPC. I doubled up on the "survival race" link that you provided. Basically I was so upset about this that I just went immediately to look for the sponsors, without reading your post properly!
Better to post it twice than not at all.

There have been trouble with other "survival" shows. People think that when you use the word survival it justifies any kind of behavior. They butchered a pig on one of the American shows. It was brutal and there were a lot of complaints. I think they are watched more closely now.

If we can keep watch on Grylls it might make a difference. Some of the contestants won't want a lot of negative publicity.
I think Grylls is beyond help. He just has to be controlled so he can't do damage and hurt things. That is where social media can really do some good. We have more power than we think when we work together. We can back up groups like PETA when they go after people like Grylls.  I would like to see him shut down and I think one day it will happen. Many people do not find animal cruelty entertaining. In time there will be many more.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine