Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets in costumes
I can't remember whether a long time ago I may have posted Puce in Christmas decoration. I don't think I did.

Anyway, one Christmas some years ago, Tamara had some pretty wrapping materials and thought that they would make a nice photo with Puce. So she wrapped some around Puce and below is the result. We didn't laugh, though, as we thought she looked pretty and said so. She didn't mind being dressed up for the photo, but soon wanted the bits taken off afterwards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh, dear Puce! She looks charming Heart  I bet Santa would choose her to pull his sleigh instead of one of those reindeer!

Yes, Misty, although completely trusting, still waited patiently to be able to shake off the whole caboodle when I was finished with the pictures. I imagine Puce felt the same Smiley4

But Puce looks a treat all decorated!
Puce  was so cute dressed up for Christmas. She is like a little Christmas present.

Am I the only one who has never dressed up my pets? I never thought of doing it.
I am sure the guinea pigs wouldn't mind. They do have egos and very distinctive personalities, but they are also very good natured.

I just can't think of what I would dress them up as. It would be cute if I could make them look like veggies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That would be possible, and maybe not so difficult. All you need is some light felt, cut an orange bit to carrot shape with scissors, and stick some greenery on the top. Then all you need is a soft collar attached to the 'carrot'. I don't think the Guinea Pig would mind so long as it didn't stay on for ages. Maybe you could make apples, pears (broccoli might be hard) Sweetcorn if you use a marker pen to make the kernels on the felt.....the possibilities are endless!
(Don't tell them I am conspiring with you Smiley4 )
Corn costumes would be easy to do.  Anything that could lie on the back like a cape and be attached around the neck(they sort of have no necks) would work. They are really shaped like little loaves of bread
I think it would be cute to make them costumes.

Snake costumes would be the real challenge. There is nothing to attach them to. I should make Barrie a cape. He already wears a harness. A cape should be easy. I must look at my supplies and see what I can do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine