Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reptile Awareness Day!
As a special day, Reptile Awareness Day really works for me. I am very aware of reptiles.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It is recommended that you visit a zoo to see a reptile. You could try a local reptile store although a visit to my place might be more fun. I have some pretty cool reptiles.

I think we need to make some RAD T-shirts. I wore  my favourite reptile T-shirt, but we really need to make up a special one to commemorate the day.
I think we need a Reptile Memorial Day to remember all the reptiles that die because of the intense prejudice against them. Some people kill reptiles out of hatred and fear. The fears are foolish and the hatred is unreasonable.

It is going to take a lot of education to fix people's attitudes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's good that there is a "Reptile Awareness Day".

So many people are afraid of snakes. But snakes can be very peaceful creatures. It's good to know the difference between the venomous and non-venomous snakes, so there isn't hysteria if one is seen in the wild or in someone's woodpile or garden.

The nearest I have come to a reptile where I live recently is....I saw a Slow Worm on the driveway of Sally's house. Beautiful harmless lovely little creature. I took him/her off the driveway and put him/her into the shrubbery.

There are many killed on the road here. They are not "slow", they can move quickly when they need to, but I think they just don't understand cars.
Some people think they are snakes and are scared of them! Even here! But they are so good to have in the garden, as they eat many garden pests.
You saw a Slow Worm! Wow! You are so lucky. I have never seen one in the wild. Of course they do not live in North America

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...BBgEZz7_SQ

You are quite right that they are not a snake. They are legless lizards. I have seen captive bred ones. They are a very rare and unusual creature. It sounds like you celebrated Reptile Awareness Day in style.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine