Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet survivor awards
It seems there is an award for pets that survive near death situations.
I found an article that gives a sort list of the top contenders for the prize.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

All of these animals deserve the award. I think the vets and the owners who cared for them deserve some recognition too. They are the ones who made it possible. Although you have to admire the spirit of animals who fought for life in the face of horrific injuries.
I don't know who should win. Maybe they should have more prizes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(11-16-2016, 05:05 PM)Catherine Wrote: It seems there is an award for pets that survive near death situations.
I found an article that gives a sort list of the top contenders for the prize.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

All of these animals deserve the award. I think the vets and the owners who cared for them deserve some recognition too. They are the ones who made it possible. Although you have to admire the spirit of animals who fought for life in the face of horrific injuries.
I don't know who should win. Maybe they should have more prizes.

Smiley19 It's so sad what these creatures went through.  Kudos to the vets who brought them back to life.  They all deserve awards IMHO!  I love to see happy endings...don't we all.. Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Those were just the top ones chosen. There were many more stories that we didn't read. There are some pretty dedicated vets and owners and some really courageous pets. Heart  You have to love and admire them all.
Catherine

Yes of course they all deserve a prize! Every single one! And I am sure their humans will make certain they get treats of one kind or another to celebrate.

Animals don't have any concept of "being heroes". They just honour life in a very straightforward way, and forget anything which isn't troubling them at the time. They also have no concept of self pity.
Humans can often hold onto things for longer than they should. That is why animals will bounce back often quicker than humans -sometimes from horrendous injuries or major surgery.
Animals could teach us a lesson or two about life. My little guinea pig, Pigbert lost the ability to walk by the time he was 6 months. He could crawl. but if he fell over he was stuck on his back until I came home to help him. He had lots of problems, but he was always the happiest creature ever.

Jake Krinkle snake is happy with life even though he can't do normal things like shed without my help. If I put him on the floor it can take ten minutes to crawl across the room. No matter how hard it is he will keep trying until he gets were he is going. Jake is a real hero. His spine is so deformed, but he doesn't let it bother him and he doesn't worry about how he looks. He can't eat anything too big, but he happily eats what he can.

There are lots of hero pets. The rest of us panic if we have an ache or two and surgery completely unsettles us.

We are surrounded by hero pets and it would do us good to follow their example.
Catherine