Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the U.S.!
Big Grin 
Heya! I'm sort of new to this community; I wasn't a member of the original site, but I knew quite a bit about it from AnimalFamily. I'm extremely glad to see that it's back up, and that y'all are starting to reunite. Big Grin
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Hey there Bock! I think I know you from somewhere???? [Image: smiley-cool14.gif]
It great to see you here! I think you'll like the new place. There's plenty of nice folks to talk to. [Image: smiley-happy057.gif]
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Hello dear Bock. Very nice to meet you.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Thank you, Albion. Smile It's very nice to meet you too!
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Of course we all owe Bock much gratitude for all her hard work in the Forum set up. Most recently she gave us a new banner for the top of the page. I think it looks very good. The whole Forum looks good. And you will notice that this time we don't have weird ads between the posts. That is definitely an improvement.Smile
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(12-06-2013, 01:06 PM)Catherine Wrote: Of course we all owe Bock much gratitude for all her hard work in the Forum set up. Most recently she gave us a new banner for the top of the page. I think it looks very good. The whole Forum looks good. And you will notice that this time we don't have weird ads between the posts. That is definitely an improvement.Smile

....and if you don't sell advertising on your site you never will have those annoying ads!! Smiley58
That was like the top priority on our website. We wanted a place for people to gather where they wouldn't be bothered by those irritating ads.
mypetsonparade.com
Greetings Bock! It's nice to meet you.
I do love the banner at the top of the page. Thank you. I was wondering who created it.
Hello Bock! Nice to meet you!!!
Quote:....and if you don't sell advertising on your site you never will have those annoying ads!! Smiley58
That was like the top priority on our website. We wanted a place for people to gather where they wouldn't be bothered by those irritating ads.
I hear you about not wanting ads on your site.
I did not know we could set things up without ads. If we don't have to have ads why would we want them. I guess the ads pay for the site or do they? It is not worth it. Our site and server fees are about two pizza slices a month in cost. I shouldn't be eating so much pizza anyhow. It is worth it because I love having the Forum up and running and like you I did not like those pesky ads.

The new banner really is the finishing touch. It really looks like our Forum again. Actually Bock did the whole site after I downloaded the software so the fine touches are all her work. The Forum really was rebuilt by all of us because I couldn't have set things up without advice and encouragement. So it is our Forum. So thank you all.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, of course ads are one way [and I'm assuming the easiest way, judging from the sheer amount of them on websites] to monetize your site. However there are other ways that don't infringe on ones sanity quite so much. I can't stand be inundated with ads, and the AnimalFamily unanimously agreed.
I think/hope your members will appreciate the lack of ads as much as I do.

Catherine, I would also like to mention that Bock told me what a pleasure it was to work with you on the site. She enjoys this kind of thing anyway and the fact that you were so patient, eager to learn, trusting, and so pleasant throughout the process, it just made it all the more fun for her. So our thanks go out to you as well. Bock made it "pretty", you make it a "home"!!
mypetsonparade.com