Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paijo the orangutan, orphaned by palm oil trade
Paijo is a very tiny orphaned orangutan whose mother was killed because of the palm oil trade.  International Animal rescue has taken him in and a great many others. 
As long as there are unsustainable palm oil fields there will be more and more orphaned orangutans until there are no more orangutans left alive to be orphaned.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...dlIoH8_99A

We hold the future of a whole species in out hands. If we refuse to buy products that use palm oil then there will be no market for it. We can contact companies and encourage them to use only ethically sourced oils. We can support groups that are helping to save the orangutans.

I know the pictures of baby orangutans clinging to teddy bears are just so cute, but I will happily never see another cute baby orangutan picture if it means they are all with their mothers living the lives they were meant to live.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dear little Paijo. I hope he will inspire people to think twice about what's in their food. We don't need to cause this harm to those Orangutans.
We don't need to use palm oil or we can grow it in a way that doesn't destroy the forest and kill so many orangutans.

No baby would ever be alone if its mother were still alive. Orangutans are great mothers.

I will do some research on which companies use palm oil that harms orangutans. I believe in the power of boycotting unethical products.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine