Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's a good boy
Animals respond to praise. These before and after pictures show us how much.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I think the Cockatoo had the most dramatic response. The cats were predictable and typically cats.
The dogs are adorable. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Cats are cats, hahaha! But the pictures of dogs show why they are so close to humans emotionally. Both species love praise!
The pictures tell the story! They definitely know when we are praising them....especially the dogs. I honestly think cats just don't speak English. They love us and know we love them, but don't seem to get on with too much English grammar! haha.

It is very weird about the little white dog on picture 3! He(she?) looks the spitting image of my dog Toby! In the 'happy' picture anyway. I have never seen a dog that looked exactly like him, but this one does.

Number 4 is hilarious! Looks like a cross between a Polar Bear on happy pills....and a Seal.

The Cockatoo definitely knows he is being praised. There is no doubt in his eyes!

"Grumpy Cat"....LOL! Smiley4

When I praise Sally (cat) and tell her she is a good girl, she doesn't change much either. It all depends on how I stroke her with my hands while I tell her that. She is loyal and loving, but doesn't care much for the English language.
As I said some while ago (this forum, I think), cats only understand Catanese. Smiley36
Maybe the thing about cats is that they know they are perfect so our praise is almost an insult. When you are as exalted as a cat is why would you want the praise of lesser beings.
Dogs look up to us so our praise really matters to them.
Cats think they are doing us a favour if they let us wait on them hand and foot.

Why do we do it?
I think we want them to approve of us. If they said "who's the good boy" to us we would grin like a dog. Look how we respond to purring. Smiley4
Catherine

Cockatoos are very intelligent birds,like you all said cats are cats, same can be said for dogs.
Cockatoos are clever and they are so dramatic looking.

The dogs are still the cutest response to praise.
Catherine