Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our dear Daisy Dog is dead
It is perfectly possible that this lady will not return to the centre, for reasons best known to her. In that case, other pet centres in the city should be warned and sent descriptions of dog and human, plus photos if you have them. It would be a worse tragedy if this were to reoccur elsewhere.

It is for Paul to decide what is best, but that is my advice (FWIW!).
I agree with LPC.
She may not show herself at the reptile centre again.

I have been thinking of you all, and little Daisy ever since it happened. My kindest thoughts to you all.
We don't have pictures or a last name. We don't have a picture of her dog. She probably won't come near us again.

We will have to discuss what we can do. I have not through what is possible.  I haven't even looked up the bylaws about dogs attacking dogs.  This is a part of what happened that must be dealt with. We just couldn't think about it right now.

For now we are just dealing with the loss.
I know it will get easier as we get used to Daisy's absence. For now we are doing the work that needs doing for the other animals.
We are all very quiet and thoughtful.

It is a sad  start to a new year.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am so sorry for the loss of Daisy. Often people don't know the right thing to say and seem rude and inconsiderate.

That is such a tragedy that happened!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you. We are gradually getting used to the loss and soon we will be able to talk about Daisy as she was in life. She was the happiest dog ever. We want to remember her that way.

The woman may not know what to say, but "I am so sorry"  or "I feel terrible about this" come to mind.
Her only concern was that we wouldn't let her come to the reptile centre anymore. It is always all about her.

I haven't seen her yet and I don't know what I am going to say when I do.
Catherine

(01-22-2017, 02:21 AM)Catherine Wrote: Thank-you. We are gradually getting used to the loss and soon we will be able to talk about Daisy as she was in life. She was the happiest dog ever. We want to remember her that way.

The woman may not know what to say, but "I am so sorry"  or "I feel terrible about this" come to mind.
Her only concern was that we wouldn't let her come to the reptile centre anymore. It is always all about her.

I haven't seen her yet and I don't know what I am going to say when I do.

Yes, you are right, "I am so sorry" and "I feel terrible about this" would be much better things to say.  I know you are very hurt by what happened to Daisy, it is an awful thing that happened.  If that happened to my Suzy I would go out of my mind.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It still seems impossible to believe, but Daisy is not there anymore. I was serving us some dinner on Sat night and I picked up a treat and was about to offer it to Daisy and then I remembered that she was gone. It is hard for everyone to accept.

The weather turned very warm and we think we can bury her tomorrow. We are going to try. It will help us find closure if we can put Daisy with her mother.
Catherine

That's nice. Her body will be buried with her mother's, and you can have a proper funeral for her. I am deeply sorry about how you all must feel, and how Paul must be feeling.

It is really tough when you have been used to her character around all the time....slipping the odd treat to her....etc.

They get to a point where they aren't interested in those 'worldly things' any more. But in the first two or three months -when I 'd already had connection with Misty on the Other Side, and sensed her energy and character around a lot near me....I used to offer her a small treat (usually a morsel of something off my plate after I had finished dinner) I put it down for her in her usual spot. Many times I felt a quick 'rush' of her happiness and energy, which kind of showed me she was aware of what I was doing. Whether she was able to appreciate the actual treat or not, I can't really say. But she certainly appreciated the loving gesture, and the reinforcement of the fact I was aware she was still in existence!

Of course, the physical food was stil there in the morning. Then I would put it out for the birds.

Things are much different now and I stopped doing that way back. I now eat that small morsel. Smiley4  Just like her, I love my food.

I used to know some Ukranian people. I ate at their house many a time. Every Christmas (celebrated in early January) they would lay a place at table for those who had departed, and a meal would be laid out for them, and not touched by anyone else during the meal.
This infuriates me. So many things this woman neglected. And both dogs suffered. For her to be so callus and uncaring just continues to show how society has become a throw away society. It's broken get a new one.
What sad is while Daisy is the victim. The woman's dog who did this is a victim of this woman's inability to care for her dog. Is these cases both dogs have become the victim of this ignorant woman who shouldn't have a dog at all.

Is there going to be action taken against her?

Very sad.
The weather stayed warn and the ground was soft enough so we were able to bury Daisy. There is a place along the river where Paul played as a child. It is not so much a park as an area that is still wild. A group of us went together to the place where Dahlia is buried and dug a hole nearby. I held Daisy while they dug and then we all kissed her goodbye, wrapped her in her special blanket and placed her in the earth. We put a few rock on the spot and we can come back in the spring and plant some native plants over the spot. We all have a sense of peace and closure now that she is buried.

I am sure I will start to offer her treats for some time. We are feeling her presence less with each day and some day she will leave us for good.
We even admitted we would take in another dog if one needed a home.

The woman and the other dog are still unfinished business. Libby, how dangerous is a dog like that. She killed Daisy without hesitation. I have to wonder if this was her first aggressive action.

The woman is such a bad dog owner. Her child is a problem as well. She just does not take responsibility for her actions. She gave Paul a card, I suppose she meant it as a sympathy card, but it was cold and unfeeling. It in no way says she is sorry or in any way accepts responsibility for what happened.

Things are not going to end well for her dog. She will not get help training it. She clearly has no control over the dog and doesn't even try to control it.
Catherine