Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controversy around the movie A Dog's Purpose
The film makers are taking this seriously. They are postponing screenings of the film until this is fully investigated.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...DCFhg-G49w

The big question is why didn't they take the video immediately to the films directors/producers. They are making a film that is pro animals and they clearly care about them. They would have reacted immediately. Why wait until the film is about to be released.
It is right time for the video to get the best publicity and the most views. The movie is providing publicity for the video for free because of its timing. Why make the video public before you show it to the directors/producers. Why wait until the movie is done and nothing can be done to change the way animals were treated in it.

This might be a good time to look at how well animals are monitored on film sets. There is supposed to be someone there at all times. If there was someone there, they failed to do their job. If their wasn't anyone there, where were they?

I am glad they are going to investigate this properly. However I don't want to see this film boycotted. I think a lot of good can come from a movie that shows life from the dog's perspective.

The use of animals in movies is a controversy. Many people are against it on principle. I don't agree. I am sure dogs usually enjoy their experience. I have only been involved in the filming/photographing  of reptiles. They are fine with it. We filmed a big lizard being carried on someone's shoulder and then she was filmed walking along the sidewalk(something she does in summer anyhow). Then she had a good dinner and took a nap. She had fun. We all had fun.

Actual stunt performances are a little trickier. That might need a little more monitoring. The video is edited and only shows a small amount of what went on during the making of the movie. They will need to interview people and find out what really happened. And the guy who yelled "just throw him in" , there are lots of lakes in Manitoba, just throw him in!
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Controversy around the movie A Dog's Purpose - by Catherine - 01-22-2017, 03:02 AM