Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controversy around the movie A Dog's Purpose
I think this situation will be a wake up call about the monitoring of film shoots. Clearly the animals used in movies are not being  watched closely enough. I thought there was someone on the set at all times watching the animals and how they are being treated.

If they do not have the money to pay someone to be present for the making of a whole movie, I bet they could find volunteers to who attend film shoots and just observe the treatment of animals.

They need to find out what happened, who knew about it and why nothing was said until now. A number of people were present for the filming that day. Why did they say nothing. I realize a producer can't be present for every single moment  of the film shoot, but maybe there needs to be an assistant to monitors things.

We can't undo the incident, but we can check on the dog now and make sure he is okay. Things can be put in place to ensure no other animal is mistreated in the making of a movie.

I think the movie was made in good faith and no one intended any level of animal abuse and the people who made the movie or starred in it were unaware that any abuse had taken place. The movie was made to spread a positive message about dogs. I would hate to see that lost in this controversy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Controversy around the movie A Dog's Purpose - by Catherine - 01-23-2017, 03:52 PM