Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 unusual guard animals
Some of these animals are obvious choices as guard animals, but some of them I would never have considered.
Certainly the cobra seems a little too dangerous to use for guard duties. Actually with the cobra you just have to say it is there. It doesn't have to be there. No one would be willing to take a chance.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The geese I can fully understand. I wouldn't mess with a flock of geese. I wouldn't mess with one Canada  Goose. They have attitude and will back it up with action. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

oddly enough I suspected most of these. Donkeys are used around here a lot to keep coyotes away. Donkeys hate coyotes and will kick them to death if given the chance. Geese I've heard of too. very territorial and their teeth are sharp the common thief or intruder will think twice.

Dolphins are a really neat idea too.
I didn't know about donkeys and coyotes. We should be using donkeys in Canada as guards against coyotes. Of course the donkeys might not like our climate.
Dolphins I can understand. If they want to guard something they will. They would be intelligent security guards, the same was dogs are intelligent security guards.

No one messes with geese. At least not twice. Smiley4
Catherine

Those screamers birds I think I have heard before. They screech very loudly. I can see how some of those animals are naturally protective like alligators; I wouldn't go near one..lol. I felt bad, though, that the navy has used dolphins to detect mines!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I wouldn't want a guard animal to do anything dangerous. The mines thing might be risky.
Mostly guard animals just have to be there.

I feel that I am break-in proof. I have reptiles. Most people are terrified of a corn snake. What would they do with Barrie.
He is big enough to look scary.
Catherine