Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Allison
Heart Little Allison is flying around the room the past day now!  She is so cute.  She doesn't know how to manuever yet though and I have to guide her yet but she will learn.  This is great news!  I thought it would take her longer.  So glad she is flying around now! 26

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I am happy Allison can finally fly. She must be amazed at the experience. I can't imagine how a bird feels the first time they actually lift off. Did it startle her or did she expect it after watching Danny fly.

Congratulations Allison! You are growing up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-28-2017, 06:07 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am happy Allison can finally fly. She must be amazed at the experience. I can't imagine how a bird feels the first time they actually lift off. Did it startle her or did she expect it after watching Danny fly.

Congratulations Allison! You are growing up.

She looked really amazed at herself!  Looked like she was having the time of her life!  She flew over to the dining table first and to the couch next.  I helped her with the bird ladder to get back to her cage.  Waiting for her to fly some more again today.  She is so adorable! Smiley4

It must feel like an incredible freedom to Allison. She must have watched Danny and wondered why she couldn't fly.

Very soon she will be an accomplished flyer and she will go anywhere she wants.
What a great day for Allison.
How does Danny feel about her flying?
Catherine

(01-29-2017, 06:26 PM)Catherine Wrote: It must feel like an incredible freedom to Allison. She must have watched Danny and wondered why she couldn't fly.

Very soon she will be an accomplished flyer and she will go anywhere she wants.
What a great day for Allison.
How does Danny feel about her flying?

She hasn't flown again since Friday night.  She will come out again I'm sure.  I have her door wide open for her.  Danny seems to be trying to get her to come out at times.  She is such a precious little birdie.

Her wings may be tired. She will have to build up strength. If she hasn't flown it will take time for her to stretch ligaments and build up muscle. She also might be a little nervous of being out like that. With Danny's encouragement I am sure she will become an accomplished flier.
Catherine

She flaps her wings like crazy in the cage every day getting ready for the next flight I guess. She's been doing that for a long time. She is such a beautiful bird. Danny is head over heals about her. So am I. I'm crazy about Danny, too, and Suzy, of course, too! Smile

Allison is smart, she is doing the exercise she needs to strengthen her wings. It will still take time for her to be strong enough to fly very far.

I know you love all three of them. You four are a happy family together. Heart  It is beautiful to see the bond you have with your pets and their bonds with you.
Catherine

(01-30-2017, 05:26 PM)Catherine Wrote: Allison is smart, she is doing the exercise she needs to strengthen her wings. It will still take time for her to be strong enough to fly very far.

I know you love all three of them. You four are a happy family together. Heart  It is beautiful to see the bond you have with your pets and their bonds with you.

Yes, we are a close happy family. Heart Allison flew again last night around the room and then landed on my keyboard as I was typing.  So I just sat there and we looked at each other for a few minutes.  Then Danny flew over to us and sat on my shirt and we just all sat there looking at each other!  I put my hand out to Allison after that and she flew some more and then I put the birdie ladder by her and she climbed on it.  Then I walked toward the cages a bit and she flew to the cage and went in.  I think she liked her flying time!

It sounds like Allison is learning what to do. She was able to fly and land near you. With your help she almost made it back to her cage. With you and Danny helping her she will be able to explore and enjoy you place. I love the picture I get in my mind of the three of you sitting there together.
Catherine