Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hummingbird nest halts bridge construction
It seems a very tiny hummingbird egg in an equally small nest are enough to stop work on a bridge.
Of course this is a protected species of bird and the egg will stay in peace until it hatches and leaves the nest.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...rTm6mgy16g

It is good that even a tiny hummingbird is protected and given a chance to hatch its egg in peace.

I can remember a time when I was young, when they came into an area after all the ground birds had started nesting and they bulldozed their nests away. I was sad to hear the birds crying, desperate to save their babies from bulldozers and helpless to do so.

The times have changed for the better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a terribly sad thing to witness, Catherine. Those birds were just treated as 'things' -in the way of glorious 'Human Progress'!

Thank goodness times have changed to a great extent for many creatures. I am glad the Hummingbirds will be left in peace until their nesting and fledging is finished.
It was sad because the parents gathered around and cried for days. 

We have changed for the better. They looked around and spotted the hummingbird nest. That means they were looking so that no animals would be harmed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine