Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A woman bought a duck for dinner....
I've thought about this sort of thing for a long time. Meat which people are used to eating looks nothing like the animal. It comes in little square packages in the supermarket, and people are used to seeing it as dinner. With a few exceptions, most people are totally divorced from the reality of killing another living being for their food.

I once, years ago knew someone who loved to eat meat. He brought some liver which he wanted for dinner, but said he was 'too sensitive' to actually touch the raw meat and prepare it.

Some people are horrified when they buy a herring or a trout which has a head on it when they buy it.

I have never been able to understand such affectations. Either they take full responsibility for the meat they eat, or they become vegetarian/vegan if they are so upset by it.

(For a moment there Catherine...I thought this story was going to turn out differently. I thought it was "Woman buys a Duck for dinner but falls in love with the Duck instead and keeps it as a companion.")

Messages In This Thread
RE: A woman bought a duck for dinner.... - by LPC - 02-23-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: A woman bought a duck for dinner.... - by Tobi - 02-25-2017, 10:17 AM