Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Pets Had Thumbs Day!
We just celebrated "If Pets Had Thumbs Day". Of the strange holidays that are out there this may be the oddest.(other than hairball awareness day)
Think about it. What if your pets did have thumbs. What would they be able to do. What would they want to do. Some people have given it thought.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Would I come home and find the lizards had turned on the computer so they can watch animal planet?
Would I find the guinea pigs using the food processor to make smoothies? I really have no idea how the snakes would handle things. They have no fingers or hands so thumbs might not be much use.

Maybe it is good that we only think about his once a year.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Haha! 28

I know what dogs would do. They would raid the refrigerator. Then they would probably write a note to stick on the refrigerator door which said "I saw the cat raid the refrigerator this morning."
Quote:I know what dogs would do. They would raid the refrigerator. Then they would probably write a note to stick on the refrigerator door which said "I saw the cat raid the refrigerator this morning."
79 85
I think you are right. Dogs are clever enough to cover their tracks.

Guinea pigs would just open the frig and pull stuff out. They would drag it all over the kitchen and leave a trail of half eaten carrots.

Somehow I think the bearded dragons would be on the computer ordering stuff. They watch me use the computer and they may know more than I think they know. If they had thumbs they could do many things.

I just thought about Barrie. A three foot lizard with thumbs. He is clever and he learns. He would let himself out of his tank and I would find him sleeping on my bed or maybe he would be soaking in the bathtub.  He likes his comfort.

I am sure there would be total chaos.

Actually with a house full of pets it is pretty much total chaos on a good day. Smiley4
Catherine

Those Bearded Dragons are not stupid. Of course they would hack your Amazon account, buy huge quantities of anything which caught their fancy....and probably write a note saying they saw the Guinea Pigs hacking into your online account Smiley4

It would be like Christmas when all that Bearded Dragon stuff arrived by 24 hour courier service! Smiley29
I would know who did the ordering by what arrives. If a case of fresh veggies shows up and a big box of mixed fruits with a side of hay, then I know for sure the guinea pigs did it.

The beardies would order boxes of crickets and assorted insects, plus a few leafy greens and a case of special light bulbs. Beardies need their special lights. They might order some video games that involve catching insects or some movies that have lots of bugs in them.

If a small swimming pool arrives then I would guess it was Barrie. If all of the above arrives then I'll know they not only cooperated with each other, they hacked into my account and they have my credit card.

Good thing they don't have thumbs. They certainly watch me while I do things on the computer.
Catherine

If Misty had had thumbs, our house would have been full of steak, doggy boyfriends (via online dating service), Wolves, and Squirrels (her favourite videos)....and there probably is a "Wolves and Squirrels house visit/entertainmentService" somewhere online. Or on the Dark Web. She would have found it...
I am sure even our pets can find anything they want on the internet. That is the good and the bad of the internet.

The Dove might find an online bird dating site. There must be other Diamond Doves out there.
I think Misty would have taken real advantage of thumbs. A doggy party with steaks and videos would be fun for all.

I suppose the guinea pigs could send for some friends and have a real piggy party. Guinea pigs do like other guinea pigs around.
If I open my door and I am greeted by the sound of wheeks and squeaks I will know they have done it.

Barrie would send for someone to give him a Spa treatment. He likes a massage and a pedicure. Do you suppose the person who gives him his pedicure will give me one too. It would be nice to share something like that with him.

Maybe pets with thumbs is not such a bad idea after all.
Catherine