Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mice severely maltreated at Jackson Laboratory
Since when did Lab animals have any kind of decent life anyway? One day it will all stop.
But these mice at Jackson Laboratory were treated very badly indeed.
Jackson Lab has received $6M government funding. Animal welfare is obviously something they don't care about.
Reading about what happened to these mice is heartbreaking.

Please sign the petition:
http://www.peta.org/action/action-alerts...ium=e-news
I am glad you found that petition. I signed and I posted it elsewhere.

It is horrible how little regard we give to the lives of other animals. Lab mice are given a minimum of care and incompetent workers can't even reach that standard.
People can be very callous. The mice can't complain if they are not cleaned and fed so lazy workers don't do it. There are so many mice they don't expect anyone to notice.

These mice are producing profits for a company whose workers don't deserve to be paid. The company doesn't deserve the kind of money it gets.

We already know animal testing is faulty. It doesn't really protect humans or produce new treatments. The genetically altered mice make researchers think they are studying something, but they are artificially altered mice so the results are not valid indicators of how human diseases work. So these mice suffer for nothing. I don't like the idea of animals "suffering to help humanity", but they are not even doing that. They suffer and die for nothing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Very well put, Catherine. I just signed, Tobi. It is terrible that this awful place receives government money. All citizens (regardless of their views) are paying for these appalling practices to be continued.
Why do governments give so much money to things like this, but refuse to fund programs that would help people.

You are right, because it is taxpayer money that funds labs like this, we are paying for it because we pay taxes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine