Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets grieve too
I remember the story of the elephants. I can understand them coming to mourn their friend. It still amazes me that they knew he was dead. Clearly there are levels of animal communication that we know nothing about.

Owls at a funeral would be interesting. Again, how did they know?

Animals grieve because they feel deeply. Sometimes I think they are more sensitive than some people I know. I can picture Jet after Misty's passing. I think part of his spirit must have gone with her or else he wanted to be with her so much he willed himself to go.  His grave sounds like it is a perfect resting place for his body.  He has returned to the wild.

I talk to my animals all the time. The guinea pigs have a very good food vocabulary.  I also let my animals know how long I will be gone. I am a creature of habit so work clothes mean I will be gone all day. If I just grab the keys I am going next door for a few minutes. They just seem to know by how I am doing things what I am doing. I also say goodbye differently if I am going to work. I would never just stay away without letting them know. I tell them if I am going to be late.

I think it shows a sensitivity and respect for our pets when we talk to them and keep them informed. It is beautiful to read how other people talk to their pets and are open and honest with them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Pets grieve too - by Catherine - 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Pets grieve too - by Tobi - 03-17-2017, 03:57 AM
RE: Pets grieve too - by LPC - 03-17-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Pets grieve too - by Tobi - 03-17-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Pets grieve too - by LPC - 03-17-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Pets grieve too - by Catherine - 03-17-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Pets grieve too - by Tobi - 03-18-2017, 04:38 AM
RE: Pets grieve too - by LPC - 03-18-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: Pets grieve too - by Catherine - 03-18-2017, 02:41 PM