Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition -Save Ruperta the Elephant
Target: Nicolas Maduro, President of Venezuela

Goal: Save Ruperta the elephant who is sick and starving to death at the underfunded Caricuao Zoo in Venezuela.

https://forcechange.com/208151/save-rupe...ished-zoo/

This poor beautiful noble creature is so terribly thin, will be alone no doubt and looks to have lost all hope. She will not have long to live unless help comes. Please sign the petition to have her taken to a sanctuary.
That poor elephant. It really looks like she is starving. That much weight loss can't happen in a few days of illness. It is the product of a long period of not enough food.

Venezuela can't help the fact that it is having an economic crisis, but it could act to protect the vulnerable. If they can't raise money to feed the zoo animals they could appeal to other zoos, sanctuaries and aid groups to help them. It is unacceptable that they are willing to let animals like Ruperta starve rather than admit there is a problem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Apart from being dangerously thin, she looks so terribly sad and low. She needs some hope and some help and love.
I think the whole zoo is unable to care for animals. The responsible thing would be to let the elephant go to a sanctuary where she could be properly cared for. Life must be very depressing for her. It is more than a lack of food. Everyone around her is feeling depressed by the economic mess. She must sense the trouble.

They were wrong to turn away donations of food. The whole zoo needs the food. They would rather let the elephant die than admit they are in trouble. It is sad and it is a misplaced pride.
Catherine

No matter what is going on politically or economically in a country, living beings cannot be treated like this; like they had no worth or value at all.
Venezuela is handling its economic crisis very badly. The need to make sure the vulnerable are provided for. In this case they should review zoos and animal parks and make sure the animals are cared for.

I suppose we can understand how they got in this mess from the way they are handling it.

There are aid groups that would help save Ruperta. I don't know why they are being so stubborn. If she dies it will be the zoo management and the government's fault. There is no need for her to die. I hope there is still time to do something.
Catherine