Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news about Mountain Gorillas
It seems that the mountain gorillas are having a comeback. They took bad losses due to poaching a few years ago. A baby boom is really good news.
http://www.newsofrwanda.com/featured1/21...in-rwanda/

I cried when the beautiful gorillas were killed by poachers. I guess I can laugh and rejoice now that they have babies again and the babies are being protected.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's wonderful news. Whatever we, as humans do, Nature does its best to fight back.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Nature is tough and resilient. I think we need to remember that before we get ourselves in trouble.
I love the fact that they put so much into naming the baby gorillas. It means they respect them.
Catherine

Yes you're right Catherine. For many humans, giving something a name bridges a gap between 'just another animal' and 'an animal I now know personally.' This often results in the animal being given more thoughtful treatment and respect.
That's why it is said that anyone who breeds animals for food should not name them.
Of course my opinion is that they should ALL be given names, and not eaten in the first place!
Once you name something it is in a relationship with you. I don't name the babies that I am letting go to other people. I might nickname them or think of them as a named pets babies, but it is hard to let go of a named animal.Smiley19

Maybe that is the key to stopping some of the animal slaughters that take place. I know they have splashed red paint on seals to stop the slaughter, but maybe painting manes on them would work better.Undecided
Catherine

According to my Google Home Page, today is Dian Fossey's 82 birthday. She would be happy to know that the Mountain Gorillas are increasing in number and are being protected from poachers. Her death was not in vain.Smiley19
Catherine