Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greyhound Pets NL
Greyhound racing is still legal in some places so there are still many dogs that need homes when they retire. Greyhound Pets NL(Newfoundland and Labrador) has worked for years to find homes for greyhounds. Along with other groups they have found homes for 4000 dogs in the last thirty years.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I never thought about Newfoundland being home to 200 greyhounds. I expect to hear about Newfoundland dogs, not greyhounds. They are such beautiful graceful dogs and they look so good in their coats. Until we can stop the greyhound industry, it is good to know that the dogs are being provided for.

There must be a greyhound rescue in my area. I often see a number of people out together, walking their greyhounds.
This is so much better than they days when they just killed unwanted dogs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

All Greyhound Rescues do a great job. It's good to know about this one.
Just because you live in Newfoundland doesn't mean you can't be a Greyhound! haha Smiley4 

Yes those ex-racing dogs are getting a better deal than they used to -mostly. I think there is still an issue in Spain (?) I haven't checked that recently. But there are a few good animal rescues in Spain also.
There are rescue groups in Spain.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...ZH3jt-Uj7A

I think everywhere that has greyhounds now has a greyhound rescue group. People no longer find it acceptable to race the dogs and then kill them afterwards.

The dog racing industry is hard on the dogs, but rescuing the dogs afterwards is a start. It would be better if the dogs were better cared for all their lives and not just when rescued. Also not every dog in a litter is a racer so why don't we see greyhound puppies for sale. I am sure they still kill off the unwanted dogs.

Newfoundland and Labrador are great places for greyhounds, but they would need good warm coats and rain coats and boots.
NL is a little cold for a greyhound in the winter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine