Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A special home for dying, homeless dogs
Reading about Monkey House, a home for dying, homeless dogs made me feel warm all over and it brought me to tears. Just knowing that unwanted dying dogs can die with love and dignity makes the world seem like a kinder better place.
How did this place come to be?
It is a beautiful story, you will be glad you read it.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I think it is beautiful that someone cares enough to let dogs die surrounded by love. Most shelters are unable to care for  such dogs. Even the no kill shelters would find it hard. The other shelters don't even consider dogs that are dying. They can't keep up with the healthy ones. Admittedly they can only deal with a fraction of the dogs that are out there needing help, but for Much Loved Bob it made a difference.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The Allens are such lovely people. For those dogs to get that kind of care at the end of their lives is beautiful. The shelters would just put them to sleep. They would have to. But some terminally-ill dogs still have a lot of life in them. Even those who don't, have the right to pass away gently surrounded with loving care.

What a very moving story. The Allens will need all the help they can get financially, as it will be terrifically expensive to help all these dogs.

I hope they will get all the financial help they need, and maybe one day will be able to afford to help even more dogs at the end of life.

Thank you for posting this Catherine.
The Allens are wonderful caring people and they have gathered a team of caring volunteers around them. Hopefully the publicity will help bring in funds. It is quite an undertaking to care for dying dogs. You are right, lots of dying dogs still have some life in them and deserve a chance to enjoy some comfort and love in their last days no matter how brief they are.

I hope the work they do will inspire others to do good things for animals. Even if a person can only help one animal, it is enough for that one.
Catherine

An inspiring and wonderful couple, who are doing truly great work in a much needed area of care. Good find, Catherine.
We keep finding stories about amazing people doing good work for animals. I think there are many people out there doing good. In spite of all the bad things we hear, the world is essentially a good place filled with good people.

It does take very special people to take in dying animals. They give as much love as they can to the dogs and then they have to let go. Not everyone can do that even once. It takes a big heart full of love to do  it over and over again.
Catherine

You would have to be special people to do this,brought a tear to my eye.
I keep thinking about Much Loved Bob. Heart They must really miss him. I felt sad about his death and I never met him.
Catherine