Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange attitude for a shelter operator
Someone who runs a rescue/shelter in the Detroit area  posted something on social media that she now claims was sarcasm.
She remarks about killing many pit bulls. Very likely it is a sarcastic remark, but it seems inappropriate for someone running a shelter. I don't see it as funny in any way.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I am glad they are looking into her shelter. With an attitude like that I have to wonder how her shelter is run.
This does bring up the question of how these shelters are set up and who watches them to be sure they meet certain standards of animal care.
It also shows a lack of discretion and common sense to post things like that on social media. She shows a lack of judgement at the very least.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is a strange attitude for someone running a shelter even if she said she didn't mean it.
I can understand a thoughtless remark. We all say stupid things that we hope no one actually heard. Posting it online takes a little more thought. After the remark is typed out you still have to consciously post it. Even after that it can still be removed.
It makes you wonder what else about her is strange. How is she treating the animals she has?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine