Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Dog and Cat Massacre
We are almost the same age and both of our parents were there(my father probably did arrive after because he came from Canada). My parents told me many things about the war.  Your parents told you many things about the war.
No one in either of our families told us anything about this. I find that disturbing and I am glad there is a book. The animals who were killed should not be forgotten.

I think it was a voluntary killing of pets. The idea to do it spread and almost everyone joined in. You are right that it is scary that people acted without thinking because someone said they should.

They were the same about evacuating their children. They let total strangers take their children away and it was not even sure where the children were going. They were placed with strangers who didn't always want them.

It was like a mass hysteria that caused people to act irrationally. I don't think people would act that way now. I hope we never find out.

Not all families killed their pets. Families like yours didn't join in. There were still some people who were thinking for themselves.

It is odd that no one mentioned what happened. It would be interesting to read the book. Have they kept this quiet because they were ashamed?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-01-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-05-2017, 05:30 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-05-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-07-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-07-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-10-2017, 03:09 PM