Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday LPC
I hope your day was good and you had a nice visit with your son.
I hope there was cake.

How are your Alpacas?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My older son and his wife were leaving to go back to the UK that day, so it was all a bit of a rush. But we did go for a restaurant lunch. They got me a pair of fancy zip-up insulated gardening boots as a present. I would never have dreamed of spending so much money on boots for myself! No cake...but it was a lovely lunch. The owners of the restaurant - who allow Forgy to come in with us and know us quite well - put some candles on my dessert and sang "Happy birthday" in English!

The alpacas are doing well, thank you. Shearing time is coming up (which we do to stop them getting too hot in the summer).
I am glad you had a nice lunch and it was sweet that Forgy could be there. It sounds like the kind of restaurant that is worth going back to. Candles work on any dessert. My father always preferred pie to cake. I prefer cheese cake.

Zip up gardening boots are a great idea. That is the idea of a good present, something you would want, but would never buy for yourself. I am sure you will enjoy using them.

I don't think I realized that alpacas needed shearing, but of course they would get too hot. I like to get my hair clipped shorter in the spring too. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine