Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs left behind at vacation time
It seems that increasing of pet owners are leaving their pets behind while they go on vacation.

They just pack their luggage and go and the pets are left with little to keep them alive.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...-3CEqzIFfA

The RSPCA is warning people not to do this.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&..._OQ6U9-sxA

Planning for pet care is part of planning for a vacation.
The pets know they are being left. They are aware. Think how they must feel when the food runs out and no one comes back to feed them. It is totally irresponsible and the woman who left her three dogs doesn't deserve to get them back. They will be better off with someone else.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Those poor dogs! It beats me how anyone can treat their dogs like that.
If it were the rare one or two people doing it now and again, I could maybe understand, as occasionally we get some people in society who have severe problems with cognition, or who may be utterly heartless. But NINE THOUSAND in 2015!? Nine thousand families did this in one year!? And since then, still so very many!

I am tempted to say I would like to put those perpetrators in garden sheds with (presumably) one bowl of dry food and one bowl of water for two weeks, and not the slightest bit of hope- (you cannot tell a dog "I'll be back in two weeks") -or company, and see how they fared....
And somehow I don't even feel ashamed of having that thought!

I am deeply shocked that anyone can think it is alright to leave their animals like this.
Quote:I am tempted to say I would like to put those perpetrators in garden sheds with (presumably) one bowl of dry food and one bowl of water for two weeks, and not the slightest bit of hope- (you cannot tell a dog "I'll be back in two weeks") -or company, and see how they fared....

And somehow I don't even feel ashamed of having that thought!
It sounds reasonable to me.

Something needs to be done to get the message across that this is wrong.
How can there be 9 thousand families that would do this. I wonder how often no one comes to the rescue and the pets are dead when the owners get home. People who would leave a pet probably wouldn't be too upset when they get home and find the pet dead.

This is like the problem of people moving and leaving the pets behind. Clearly the pets are seen as disposable. That shows a lack of bonding with the pets. It is scary to think that there are so many people out there who don't know how to bond with another creature.
Catherine

Maybe they may not love their dog, so they can easy to leave their dog with no regret.
I think the people who abandon animals like this don't love anything. Life for them is all about what they want.  They never ask themselves how the animal feels when they leave it.
These are selfish, cold hearted people.
Catherine