Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Rescue Shelter needs your help
You all did a better search than I did. I couldn't find the reviews last night. There are a lot of negative reviews and they do have a consistent claim about it not being a no kill shelter. I will see if I can find anything out. I can ask someone at the shelter where I volunteer. Of course I need to connect with someone who would know something. That might take time.

You are right that we can't actually write a review for a shelter we haven't seen.  I am the only one close enough and I am still too far away for a visit. I am concerned that the shelter is no longer affiliated with the SPCA. If that is true then they have no right to use the name.
I am worried about the adoption fees. They seem very high. I looked up the adoption fees here in Toronto and none were that high. An older dog is much cheaper($80.00), but even a young purebred dog was only $350.00. Many dogs were $200.00, but they were already neutered and vaccinated so you are paying for that in the fee. So an adoption fee of $600 or even $800.00
makes the shelter seem more like a money making place. 
Perhaps the fees could be explained to us.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animal Rescue Shelter needs your help - by Catherine - 07-31-2017, 02:38 PM