Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescued from Syrian Zoo
Every time there is a war or conflict, zoo animals are caught in the midst of the turmoil. The zoo in Aleppo, Syria had 150 animals. When Four Paws, the rescue group was able to get them out, there were only 9 left alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...o-zoo.html

It required a generous donation from an American and help from the Turkish Government. Four Paws was able to  get the surviving animals out of Syria and safely take them to a sanctuary in Jordan. They join the animals rescued from the Gaza Zoo.

It is a terrible thing that innocent animals are caught in dangerous human conflicts. 
These animals are traumatized. Far too many of them didn't survive. I wish we would think before we start fighting about how many lives will be lost and damaged. I don't suppose it is too good for wildlife in the area right now. Sadly we can't really rescue the wildlife in a country. 

We just have to settle for being happy that these 9 animals made it and can live their lives in peace.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There is always a bright side to everything. One of the lions rescued from Syria has given birth to a cub. She was moved to safety just in time. Where she is in the Jordanian animal sanctuary her cub has a good chance of surviving and living its life in safety.

http://www.timescolonist.com/lion-rescue...1.21844052

She must have sensed that she was safe enough to give birth. After a frightening time she can live in peace along with all the other rescued animals. I think I would want to name the cub something that means hope. She certainly needed hope when she got pregnant back in war torn Syria. This is a beautiful end to what could have been a tragedy. It doesn't bring back the other animals that were not so lucky, but the birth does symbolize better times for the survivors.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine