Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help me raise funds for Orphan Puppies.
This is my first thread here, I was searching for like-minded people like me. I'm currently 17 and from India and I feed stray dogs daily and bear the expenses for their food and medicines. 
I've been helping orphan puppies lately and I've spent 200$+ uptil now but now I need support therefore I'm here writing this thread. 
Here's my fundraiser - 

There's pictures attached, for proof I can give more pictures, updates, veterinary bills etc.

https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/helporphanpups

They desperately need your help.
Welcome to the forum. You are doing wonderful work to help these poor puppies and I wish you well.

There is a problem, however. The difficulty is that crowdfunding is organised via a third party site and there is no way of knowing if the money raised will be used as intended and no way of checking if it has finally been used as advertised. Most people asking for money are honest, but sadly there are a few scams as well.

To protect our members from any potential scam, please note that any thread asking for money via a third party site (crowdfunding) will have the direct link removed and will be replaced with these words:

"Direct link to crowdfunding site removed. Any member interested in donating is advised to contact the poster of this thread via private message on this forum and to check the identity and genuineness of the person concerned before making any donation. Genuine people will not mind doing this. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

Please note that this ruling does not apply to bona-fide animal charities with their own websites, publicly viewable adresses and telephone numbers.

I sense from the way that you have written your thread, however, that you are totally sincere. You have offered to send more photos and veterinary bills. That is a very positive sign. Scammers do not offer to do that. I have therefore copied your original post (which contains the fundraising link intact) to the admin section of this forum (non-visible by the public) and our principal admin and site owner will decide whether to restore the full fundraising link.

Every best wish and many blessings to you!
Thank you for not removing the thread without any explanation. 
I'm really grateful for it 
Looking forward to it Smile
I am really interested in what happened to these poor little pups. Can you tell us their story, and how you came to be involved? Are you working alone with them (and veterinary help) or are you a volunteer for a rescue charity for stray animals?
Bless you for helping them.
It was my sister who made me fell in love with animals initially, it was her who showed me how lovely animals are. She started off by feeding strays in our street. she still does.

So just about a month ago me and my sister were coming back to home and we were passing a narrow road. Usually abandoned. (Just used for parking cars or throwing garbage whatsoever.) And suddenly a female dog started barking like crazy at us. Then just a moment later she started wagging tail at her. (My sister also used to feed her lol). Then there were slight puppy crying noise inside, and there they were, very small, eyes not open and on garbage. So we went home, arranged a big box for them. Kept a towel inside and made their small home. 
But the next morning scavengers took away (it happens all the time in India!) The towel and the box, leaving the puppies in the same condition. 

We sister used to feed the mom so she can feed the pups with their milk. She told me that the puppies had "holes" on them and small worms crawling in and out. Turns out 2 of them had maggot infestation. So we discussed that we will take them to the vet in the morning. But by morning 1/4th of the body were missing and they passed away. But maggots started showing up at more of them. Again, one of them passed away and one got adopted. Leaving 3 of them and the mom. So with constant treatment of the rest of the 3 their "holes" on the skin started healing well. Unfortunately, we started noticing that their mom wasn't returning to her pups at the end of the day. One of the house owner told me that the mom doggy was resting at their stairs and suddenly she went unconscious and fell off the stairs and had white foam like stuff coming out of the mouth. She could've been saved but they didn't even try. She passed away (I think she ate something poisonous out of hunger.) We saw puppies trying to "suck" milk out of each other's boobs or penises whatever they could suck at. Well, since there was no mom it was at us to feed them then. (They were hungry for more than 24+  hours.) 
So 1-2 days later it rains heavily. I mean really heavy nearing midnight and stopped around 1-2 am. (We had power cut so we were awake.)  We knew the puppies would be drenched and they were, next morning. They had high fever, and their wounds were severe due to being constantly wet, and one or them had abnormal cuts at her stomach and neck, from that day they are basically visiting the vet daily. We decided to shift them at our society park right below our house. (With lots of backlash from our neighbours and everyone else in the society; everyone I know except my family here is animalphobic. ) We didn't initially knew that she suffered an animal bite, the vet told us. She wasn't healing and wasn't eating. So we brought that one at our house. (There are pictures attached in that crowdfunding. I can even attach it here if you want.) We already have 3 pet dogs. (Adopted from street the same way lol) and we couldn't afford to keep more at house. So she's here only for healing and she will be going back to her brothers in the society park. But now their insides are also filling with pus. She and one of her brothers in the park has their stomach being abnormally lage and sometimes pus oozes out. There are lots of more vet visits left, food medicine, bandages etc. So yeah, we need help with funding now. Just during the final days of their suffering. 

Sorry for any typos or grammatical error
English isn't my first language.
I feel bad for the puppies and it is so good of you and your sister to help them. 

I have restored the fund raising link to your original post. I wish you luck with your campaign. 
Keep us posted if you can.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wow thank you.
You are welcome. I hope it all goes well with these puppies and with future dogs that you will help.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh dear....I read your story of the Mama dog and these pups Niket, and it is such a hard sad story. Poor little Souls. I am sorry the female dog passed away. Yes it does sound like poisoning perhaps. I'm sorry that happened.

You and your sister are real Angels for helping these little ones. I wish you both and the pups all the very best, and hope it works out for them. From what you wrote, you both couldn't be trying any harder to save their lives. Bless you.
Thank you for the kind words Tobi, we all together, managed to raise 2600 rupees for them. (40 dollars.) Which is quite a feat.
Thank you everyone it means a lot.