Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frida -Search & Rescue dog saving lives in Mexico
What a girl! Frida, a member of the Mexican Navy's K9 unit, is on search-and-rescue duty in Mexico to help those trapped after the earthquake hit central Mexico.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-w...82116.html
Frida is an amazing dog. I saw a picture of her in the news, now I know who she is. She is very patient while they fit her up with her safety gear. She is a real professional that way. She has worked very hard in her life and there are a lot of people alive because of her. It takes a special dog to do search and rescue work.

I see they have worked out goggles for the search and rescue dogs. They had a lot of trouble with the dogs eyes at one disaster
(911 perhaps). Now they don't have to worry. The dogs are protected.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Frida has a very steady look about her, and 'deep eyes' full of character. At a guess, I'd say she knows what she's doing and has a strong Soul.
The dogs who do search and rescue work have to want to do this. They have a strong need to help in an emergency. 
I think they are all aware of what they are doing. They know when they find someone alive. 
They grieve when they find a person who has died. 

You are right, you can see it in Frida's eyes. She is a deep character and she feels her losses and successes.
I hope she gets a good long rest after this search and rescue job. It has been a very difficult one.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine