Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Ruth
Happy Birthday Ruth

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm5gZ6VtIDfxDzy1YfAZE...l49xT_apEP]            [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtPyV9hxxYxpnHPCRZ8sU...n7cbz8ns6h]

I hope you have a special day and a wonderful year to come.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(10-05-2017, 03:35 PM)Catherine Wrote: Happy Birthday Ruth

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm5gZ6VtIDfxDzy1YfAZE...l49xT_apEP]            [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtPyV9hxxYxpnHPCRZ8sU...n7cbz8ns6h]

I hope you have a special day and a wonderful year to come.
Thank you so much Catherine!  I am getting old now!  Oh well, it happens to the best of us!  LOL.  Sorry I haven't been here much.  It's been hard for me lately to deal with all the horrible things animals go through.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
[Image: graphics-happy-birthday-670186.gif]
Very happy birthday, Ruth! Many, many more happy years for you! As for age, you've got a long time to go before you get to my number of years - and I'm still enjoying life! Smiley58
[Image: dog-gifbday.gif]  ....Ruth....

and I hope you have had a very happy day.
Thank you LPC and Toby! I had a nice day even though I woke up and was depressed. My attitude has changed and I'm in a better mood. I had some pumpkin roll tonight and it was really good.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Anything with pumpkin makes the day go better.

I hit your age 3 years ago and I think of it as being on the good side of sixty. 
Life starts over at sixty. I use it as an excuse to try new things. Any changes I had been thinking of making, I went ahead and made them. After all, we are sixty. Who is going to tell us we can't do something. If someone annoys me on the bus or somewhere, I just look at them and think "I am old enough to be your grandmother". I don't even have to say it. When I think that I have lived 40 more years than someone  it  is hard for them to bother me.

Just think of how amazing it is that you have so many years of experience. You have lived through some interesting world history. You are young enough that you will live to see many more amazing and interesting things. 

I think we will live to see great improvements in animal rights. There are already changes. I know that sad things happen to animals, but there are some really amazing things too. Someone chartered a plane and flew shelter dogs to safety just before the hurricane hit. Someone else brought over 90 parrot type birds inside and saved them from the hurricane. There is a lot of good happy stuff happening. We just need to look for it.

So Ruth, welcome to the good side of sixty. I am loving it so far and if you look for the possibilities you will love it too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Occasionally there's something about birthdays, Christmas, holidays...etc which can bring up some nostalgic and sad feelings. We can sometimes feel like that when loved ones have left. But there is an old saying: "Rain in the morning, sunshine in the afternoon". (or it goes something like that anyway.) Some days I have felt a bit sad early in the day, and a few hours later I feel fine again.

Anyway I hope you had a nice day. Pumpkin pie would be nice....with chocolate and pecans? Yum!

I don't really care how old I get Smiley4