Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Benito, my Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Sand Boas are cute and they stay small. They have pretty colours.

I know a blood python. They don't get too long, but they get very thick. They also weight quite a bit. I can't lift them. Someone has to put the snake on me.

[Image: N8tvBo3JNFcZa72XMSeg60l0lg9h_IknPl_fo2Ii...=w205-h275]This is me holding a Blood Python. She is classy and not yet full grown.

If you get a chance to have a Brazilian Rainbow Boa don't turn it down. They are not that common.
I think they are close to 2 ft. to begin with. At 1 year Benito is about 3 ft. He is not that thick yet. They get about as thick as a Ball Python, but they are much stronger. I am going to work with Benito's parents at the reptile centre so I am prepared for how big he gets. (We just took on his parents this week because the owner has to go back home to look after family)

The boxes are expensive, but they are solid, secure and they display well.
I have tanks because I could get them second hand. I have bins, but I only use them for babies and temporary housing. Bins are good if a snake needs extra humidity for a while. I use bins to soak my snakes. 
For long term housing I don't like them. Even the clear bins are not really clear and you can't see your snakes.
Sometimes a temporary stay in a bin will get a poor feeder back on track. It can work for hibernating snakes too, if you have a species that needs hibernating.

Keeping snakes is an art and it takes a good instinct. You must find that you know your snakes and can understand their needs now that they have been with you for a while. 
I find there are things to learn with each new species you take on. They each have their differences and you need to understand those differences. 
Have fun setting up new enclosures.

I got a new picture of Benito.
[Image: IK8R-wH0HX2ifhaGCV3mr6j9YtaweeRi-vPpnaRw...=w155-h275]It is hard to get a sense of his size but you can see his markings are really good. Iwill work at getting better pictures. After all, he is my special baby and I have so few pictures of him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meet Benito, my Brazilian Rainbow Boa - by Catherine - 10-10-2017, 01:06 PM