Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I did it again... again Exotic Expo
It's still a couple years off but I hope I have every thing set for when she does. I'm looking into rack systems now in prep for babies. They say they could have between 10-24 babies at a time so and I know I'll be keeping at least 1 baby if not 2. So over the next 2 years I want enough racks to hold at least 20 babies. It being her first litter/clutch (not sure what to call them since they are live baring) I'm not expecting too many from the first breeding but there's also that possibility of a second litter/clutch so im going to need back up shoe boxes and heat tape. Thankfully I have those shelves I got from my old job that I can set up a temporary rack system. I am really excited. Because I will be selling I'm trying to keep track of prices and see when exactly the snakes start paying for themselves. And by that I mean selling them to pay for more enclosures, food, set up, bedding that stuff. More for my own personal information. I'm not trying to make money but I would like the snakes to produce enough like I said to pay for themselves. It would allow us to bring in other rescues and other cool animals. A visual Leucistic would bring in around $600 and non visuals would bring in around $200 so I would need to sell 1 leucistic to cover the cost of the racks alone and some food. 1 leucistic baby would cover the cost of what I spent on Brienne and Renly. So the first year if I'm lucky and find good people to sell to, then I should just about break even and have a bit left over to spend on food. I wouldn't actually be making money to sustain the project until the 2nd year. Talk about a 5 and 10 year plan. If this project is successful I might could find a work around and start my own rescue and breeding and somehow work in dog training. That's a bit down the road though.

Messages In This Thread
I did it again... again Exotic Expo - by Libby - 10-23-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: I did it again... again Exotic Expo - by Libby - 01-29-2018, 12:54 AM