Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Salmon returned to spawn.
(10-30-2017, 03:18 PM)Catherine Wrote: I could get angry about this, but I don't have the heart for it right now. For years we have known that this was a danger. I just never actually believed that the day would come when no salmon would return.  I always believed that somehow they would survive. This means that all the other things we fear could also happen. What if one day the monarch butterflies don't return or perhaps our robins that are a sign of spring.  Smiley19

You are right; anger is not good for the heart and only eats away inside. We certainly should do our best to put things right (if we can, and if it is not already too late), but positive determination to protect the environment is not the same as anger.

It is very sad about the salmon, and could be a sign that more environmental changes are going to hit soon. Yes, as you say, what next: butterflies, robins....or bees (bringing the end of many crops), or more species of fish (already dying because of severe pollution in the oceans).

We humans should hang our heads in shame at what we have done. Humans - and only humans - are to blame.

Messages In This Thread
No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 10-30-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by LPC - 10-30-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 10-31-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Tobi - 11-02-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM