Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeless women's dog euthanized
When I look at how much money they wanted before the dog could be reclaimed it looks like a bit of a money grab. 
If they had notified Candice the way they would notify someone else, the money would have been raised. The homeless advocate group would have put out the word and people would have given money. 

I think she is fighting now so that Cesar will not have died in vain. They can make a real rallying cry around Cesar and what was done to him. The deeper issue is why are there so many homeless people in a country like Canada. Why don't we have housing for the people who have no jobs and no place to stay?

I know that there are programs being developed and there are people who work with the homeless, but it is not enough. There are some shelters that take pets with their people. There are not enough.
I always wonder why we do not use resources that are just sitting there. For example we have schools sitting empty with good rooms, proper bathrooms and good walls and roofs. Why waste the space. Open them up to people in need. There are lots of other empty places that could house the homeless. 

Candice and Cesar were finding a way to live and support each other. Instead of helping they came in and took from Candice the only thing that had meaning in her life. There are some very mean people in this world. Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Homeless women's dog euthanized - by Catherine - 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Homeless women's dog euthanized - by Tobi - 11-28-2017, 03:04 AM
RE: Homeless women's dog euthanized - by Catherine - 11-28-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Homeless women's dog euthanized - by Tobi - 11-29-2017, 03:09 AM