Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treacle is due Tues 21st January
She's been busy building her nest the last two days so I'm fairly certain that she is in fact pregnant this time. More baby bunnies Smiley4
Good luck Treacle! Happy bunny birth-day ....hopefully for Tuesday!
I gather that bunnies prepare a nest a few days before they deliver.
She must be really close if she is nesting. I can't wait to see the babies. Who is the father?

I do hope she has an easy delivery and a nice healthy litter of babies.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-19-2014, 04:38 PM)Catherine Wrote: I gather that bunnies prepare a nest a few days before they deliver.
She must be really close if she is nesting. I can't wait to see the babies. Who is the father?

I do hope she has an easy delivery and a nice healthy litter of babies.Heart

She is due to give birth on Tuesday which is 31 days from the day she was mated with Bob. Originally I paired her to Fred but for some reason she wasn't interested in him. She kept running away from him so I put her in with Bob and she took to him like a duck to water. I will have to use Fred with either Leona or her daughter Gia in the near future.
Quote:She is due to give birth on Tuesday which is 31 days from the day she was mated with Bob. Originally I paired her to Fred but for some reason she wasn't interested in him. She kept running away from him so I put her in with Bob and she took to him like a duck to water. I will have to use Fred with either Leona or her daughter Gia in the near future.

I did not know that rabbit gestation was so short, but when I think about it, the babies are very tiny at birth. Guinea pigs have a longer gestation, but look how developed the babies are.
Treacle has a mind of her own. I wonder why she choose Bob over Fred? Poor Fred. He must feel rejected. I hope the other girls like him.

Is she really big? Do rabbits look big when they are pregnant?
Catherine

(01-20-2014, 05:46 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:She is due to give birth on Tuesday which is 31 days from the day she was mated with Bob. Originally I paired her to Fred but for some reason she wasn't interested in him. She kept running away from him so I put her in with Bob and she took to him like a duck to water. I will have to use Fred with either Leona or her daughter Gia in the near future.

I did not know that rabbit gestation was so short, but when I think about it, the babies are very tiny at birth. Guinea pigs have a longer gestation, but look how developed the babies are.
Treacle has a mind of her own. I wonder why she choose Bob over Fred? Poor Fred. He must feel rejected. I hope the other girls like him.

Is she really big? Do rabbits look big when they are pregnant?

I have to say that neither rabbit looked pregnant not like the guinea pigs do. The only thing that alerted me that she was was when she was building a nest.

Anyway, she gave birth this morning. I knew she had when I saw all the fur in the nest but couldn't see any kits. I had to gently feel for them under the straw and fur, and I could count at least three but don't know for definite how many there are yet. Mom was watching me intently when I was looking so I will check later.
Oh great news! Congrats Treacle! Nice work mama-bunny HeartSmiley32
So, any babies yet?
Catherine

(01-24-2014, 03:04 PM)Catherine Wrote: So, any babies yet?

Yes, she gave birth to 3 kits on the 21st Smiley4
Right on her due date! Who would have expected that. Well done Treacle.97
So what do they look like? Of course these are baby bunnies not baby guinea pigs so you can't tell what they look like until they get some fur. I trust mom and babies are doing well. I look forward to seeing them.
Treacle must be dark coloured, so what colour is the dad?
Catherine