Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Men charged in shark dragging incident
Some months ago 3 young men tied a live shark by the tail to the back of their boat and dragged him at high speed. It was a terrible act of cruelty.  They made a video of it and posted it on line. And now they are being charged with animal cruelty.
The could spend 5 years in jail and be fined $10,000 dollars if convicted. It is little enough when you think of what the shark suffered.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment..._163541187

I can't imagine what they were thinking when they did this. It was a deliberate act and they could have stopped it any time. 
It wasn't a moment of carelessness or a sudden impulse. It took time to tie the shark and they dragging went on for some time.
They definitely deserve jail time. If nothing else the message needs to go out that such behavior is not acceptable.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a terrible thing to do to the poor creature. The most awful torture for it. It's good that they have been charged with a felony. I suppose they think that because it is a dangerous predator they can do what they like...
Well they have learned that they can't treat any animal that way.
I can't imagine what they were thinking when they did that. Putting the video up where everyone can see it was a stupid arrogance. I must not have occurred to them that what they were doing was wrong. It is not just that it was illegal, it was wrong. There is no excuse or reason the justifies the action. When it first happened, the governor of Florida spoke publicly condemning the cruelty. Shooting the shark is bad, but dragging it like that, there are no words to adequately describe it.

It is essential that they be charged and convicted. There needs to be a strong message that cruelty will not be tolerated and it will be punished.

That poor shark. It must have suffered and it would have been so frightened before it died.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine