Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEVER vaccinate an animal under stress or anaesthesia!
I have never heard about this.
I have seen vets vaccinate anesthetized animals, but that was 40 years ago. I hope we have all learned a lot since then.

What a sad loss of a tiger and so unnecessary. I notice that the vet decided to go against the manufacturer's instructions. I would think that the people who make the vaccines must know something about them and if they say not to do something it is for a reason. It is easier to vaccinate an unconscious animal, but that is not sufficient reason for endangering its life.

It would be horrible to lose a beloved pet because a vet cut corners. They do cut corners. A vet I once knew wanted to save time and he gave a pill to a dog who was  starting to wake up after surgery. He popped the pill in the side of the unconscious dog's mouth and the dog quickly closed its mouth taking part of the vet's finger off with its sharp side teeth. It was a reflex action and it was sudden and strong. The vet lost a lot more time at the hospital having his own surgery. He should have waited for the dog to wake up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEVER vaccinate an animal under stress or anaesthesia! - by Catherine - 02-11-2018, 04:23 PM