Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEVER vaccinate an animal under stress or anaesthesia!
The ruling is from 2011, I believe, but is still operational in the US.:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...06008.html

I think  in Europe vaccine manufacturers can still be sued. I am not quite sure but read something to that effect.
But not so in the US. But there is a special government fund for vaccine injury, paid for by tax on immunisations. I think that simply HAD to be set up, as claims for injury are not as rare as some would have us think! But that is not connected at all to the manufacturers, who remain exempt.
That basically means they are "above the Law".
Now who finds that very strange indeed? I know I do.

For dogs the combination vaccine (recommended as a yearly booster):
Distemper
Adenovirus-2 (Hepatitis)
Parvo virus
Parainfluenza
(“DHPP,” “DA2PP,” “DHPPV,” or “DA2PPV”)
Of course often the Rabies vaccine is included, and the Leptosirosis one.

These and sometimes other elements also are given as one shot. Yearly most often.
Same dose no matter if the dog weighs 4lbs or 110lbs!

I am unsure about cats.

I always preferred "Titer Testing" over yearly boosters. I chose that when Misty had a very bad reaction to her booster shots one time, and the connection was denied by the vet, when to me it was simply obvious. The Titer testing revealed that even more than 3 years after receiving her last Distemper vaccination, she remained immune (or with a strong enough immunity.) She was also immune to Parvo. In fact she showed healthy immunity to all the others (discounting Rabies as we were in the UK) -except Leptospirosis, which the vet told me, did not "titer" well at all. So I let her have the single shot.

I liked that vet and trusted him. He helped Misty a lot. But he DID innoculate her with the Lepto while she was under anaesthetic. I knew nothing about risks then. And he seemed to have no grasp of what constituted a "bad vaccine reaction" that few years previously.
(Vomiting, diarrhea, confusion, anorexia, fever, and inability to walk for 3 days. From healthy full of energy and well, to being that ill hours after the innoculation. The clinic said it must be co-incidental. I knew it wasn't.)

I was also very ill in 1992 for approximately a year after receiving the full course of Tetanus vaccines; a three month course. My immune system was shot to pieces. But I got better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEVER vaccinate an animal under stress or anaesthesia! - by Tobi - 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM