Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors and pets: the pros and cons
I agree with every word you said Catherine. I always carried a note on me if ever I had to go out and leave Misty in the house, and I carry one now concerning Sally.

However, it's still a worry. I can just imagine how it would have felt for Misty for instance, if she had been crated and carried off to my local animal rescue (Bless them! They do their very best for animals in their care and are a no-kill facility.) But it would have been severely traumatic for her. She would probably have been easily re-adopted and might have got through it all without turning into one of those dogs who face into a corner in the Shelter and shiver, and won't respond to anyone. But she would have been well upset.
She didn't even like it when I left her in the garden and drove away just to park the car 100 yards down the lane! lol! She looked scared as heck.

I personally wouldn't want to risk that sudden kind of situation happening with someone I loved very much and who loved me and our home very much. An old person can live on until they are 100 able to do simple daily tasks, but they can die tomorrow or have a stroke which renders them unable to move. We never know.
It's only my own personal feeling, but I wouldn't want a beloved friend like that -a deeply loved family member to face an uncertain future. That is based only on my own particular way of thinking!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seniors and pets: the pros and cons - by LPC - 02-12-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Seniors and pets: the pros and cons - by Tobi - 02-13-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: Seniors and pets: the pros and cons - by Tobi - 02-14-2018, 12:08 PM