Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Light Within
14 amazing animal stories ...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/stor...have-souls
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
They are all amazing stories. Those of us who love animals would surely agree that all animals have souls, sometimes you just need to look.
Non animal lovers may not believe it but I say that is their loss.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Those are beautiful stories and they are from such a wide range of animals. There is so much more to our animal friends than we fully understand. Those of us who live closely with animals could add many more stories to the list.
I see the "light" all around me everyday with all the animals I encounter. I see their wonderful bonds of friendship with each other. I have seen hamsters perform acts of caring towards each other. I have seen them cry when they have lost a loved one. Their hearts might seem to be tiny, but they are bigger than we ever imagined.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, it's a very good page, Noble Knight. It lists lots of cases, some of them extremely moving, which certainly "point the way" towards animals having souls, although I wouldn't go as far as regarding them as "proof", as the page claims. "Proof" is strong word - but I'm just quibbling over a word, as I agree with the conclusion!
I think we all agree with the conclusion, but as you say, proof is a strong word.
I think some things should be taken without proof. There is a certain beauty in believing what we know to be true even though we cannot "prove" it in a scientific sense.

I value scientific proof of many things, but knowing the unknowable in our hearts is a much deeper experience.

I cried when reading those stories, but I have never cried over a scientific paper.
Catherine

Beautiful stories, and thank you for posting this, Knight.
I was very moved.
For me 'proof' is when I just KNOW something. When I know beyond any doubt. If we open our hearts we can all have that 'proof', if we don't drown it out with complicated human ways of thinking.
As time goes by I learn more and more about animal souls, and am truly humbled, by these beautiful ones who live among us, and also live in Spirit.
Some of those I've seen. It's amazing how much animals really do care for one another and their humans.
I will say the grim reaper cat creeps me out though. I'd be a little jumpy if I saw the cat walking up to me.
Damian the Gorilla and Christian the lion are adorable. It just goes to show animals even different species don't forget.
I think I love my life living with animals because everyday is a series of stories like that. Some are more intense, some are just little things.
But every day there is something.

Animals take life more gently and simply. They don't complicate living with issues. They enjoy what they have now and I do hope someday to have more time with the ones who have already left me.
Catherine