Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths
If you want to eat the way you want to eat you have to eat at home. 
In some ways my favourite restaurant is called "my kitchen". At least I know what I am getting.

Actual restaurants need some instruction on how to put together proper vegetarian and vegan meals.
Their regular meals are not too balanced either. Usually they serve meat with something on the side. The meat portion is not supposed to be more than 25% of the diet. Since vegan protein sources are also high in fiber they could be more than the 25%. 
We need a vegan dietician to get in on this and lay out a proper diet plan with amounts of foods for non meat meals.

I think various groups like Peta will send a vegan starter kit which is really some basic recipes. There are probably web sites that give basic instruction. What we really need is for a popular and famous chef to become vegan and start producing vegan meals and make it a new trend. People would find they like them and the idea might catch on. 

I think many people are uneasy about the animals we eat, but they don't know what else to eat. It is what they know. 
Right now I encourage people to eat less meat. That would be less meat with each meal and some meals that are meatless. 
It is a start and a well intentioned person would be able to do it. Once that becomes a habit they can explore the meatless options more. I think starting small and building on it is doable even for the majority of people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Catherine - 04-08-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Tobi - 04-09-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Tobi - 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
RE: Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Catherine - 04-10-2018, 01:43 PM