Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got a Bearded Dragon!
(04-27-2018, 02:49 PM)Catherine Wrote: I'm back. I was about to answer this when I noticed that Barrie had totally messed up his tank. He had even put his blanket in his water dish. The joy of having a big lizard eh. Smiley4

Your beardie really is a German Giant. Is he a full 24 in long? He looks it.
His markings and colours are really nice. So you have one really good beardie. Even if he is left with some problems he is still going to be a beautiful beardie.

Naming is tricky. I can understand you liking the name Popeye. It was a popular show. If you have started calling your lizard Popeye the name will probably stick. He won't mind. He will just be happy to receive the good care you are giving him. You won't just pull him through, you will make him strong and healthy again.

Can he eat on his own yet?
Really any animal has a way of messing up anything you've just cleaned.  My Ball Pythons love to poop after I've cleaned their tanks.  I will wait until they have gone and then they still manage to save some up and will poop again.

I'm not sure if he's the full 24in but he's got to be close.  I'll have to find my measuring tape.  He is longer than my arm and just my forearm is roughly 10in. His head and body goes from my hand to my elbow with his tail hanging down.  He's my big boy lizard.

He can't eat on his own yet.  I'm going to see about getting some greens for him to try eating this week.  I'm feeding him emeraid mixed with Pedialyte.  20cc every other day and soaks before he eats.  He's also in shed right now so he doesn't like to eat much right now. He's been eating about 10cc at a time so I'm feeding him everyday right now with soaks everyday to help him shed.  I have a mister that I ordered too but it won't be here until next week.  The mister will fit in his water bowl in his tank to keep the humidity up so he wouldn't need as many soaks.  Between feedings and soaks everyday It takes about 2 hours from start to finish.  If I could cut even an hour out of that it would be nice.  Which if he continues to gain weight I won't have to feed him as much.  He just really needs to bulk up some more because he's still smaller than he should be.  I also don't really know his age so he might not be fully grown.  I'm not sure how much he's been set back because of everything.  I know he's still pretty young.

I have some more pictures of him and I measured him.  I'm just waiting for tumblr to finish uploading the pictures and I'll post the link.

Messages In This Thread
Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 04-26-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by LPC - 04-26-2018, 10:39 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 04-27-2018, 06:39 AM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 04-27-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-03-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-03-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-03-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-03-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-04-2018, 12:23 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-04-2018, 02:58 PM