Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got a Bearded Dragon!
(05-03-2018, 04:21 PM)Catherine Wrote: Popeye is looking good. He is sitting up alert and interested in his surroundings. If you can get him eating on his own his care will get much easier. I think he will do well. He measures out a good length. It can be hard to get an accurate measure since reptiles never sit straight or still. So you have a fine looking boy there. You can be proud of him. Wait until he poops on you. Bearded dragon poop is messy.

It is only a matter of time, one of your snakes will get you with poop. Just hope it isn't in your hair or worse that it hasn't just crawled down your shirt. I have had both. I have a special spray from the pet store that takes pet poop out of the carpet. This is a must for any reptile owner. And no, reptile poop will never be the latest care hair craze.

We took Popeye in knowing he may never eat on his own but it would be exciting if he did end up being able to eat on his own.  Especially after expecting to hand feed him his whole life.  He had been with Dr Ray for 6 months and he's been stable and ready for a home after the first 2 months so for a vet to trust me to take him after having him that long is a great honor to me.  The friend that asked if I could take him had originally wanted to take him herself but she is a wildlife rehabiliator and can't have exotic pets.  It's a dog and cats only.  Side note she has the cutest baby opossums right now.  Their mom got hit by a car and someone thought to check her pouch for babies.  I was the next person up to take him because she knew I would and could take care of him.  I'm finally starting to realize I'm an adult and people have faith and trust in me to truly take care of these animals because I have a history of taking great care of all of my animals.  It's what I've always wanted.  Like child dream come true.

Thankfully Popeye seems to enjoy pooping in his water.  I mean if I were an animal that's what I would do.  Jean-luc likes the same.  The rats just go anywhere but on me so that's kinda cool.  All the other animals I think it's luck or I just have a way with animals.

I'll look for the pictures of the baby opossum I got to hold.

Messages In This Thread
Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 04-26-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by LPC - 04-26-2018, 10:39 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 04-27-2018, 06:39 AM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 04-27-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-03-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-03-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-03-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-03-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Libby - 05-04-2018, 12:23 PM
RE: Finally got a Bearded Dragon! - by Catherine - 05-04-2018, 02:58 PM