The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claire and Rey are gone
Claire had been sick and I had been hand feeding her for about a month.  I found a really good vet (the one we got Popeye from) I got some better food (the same Popeye eats) and medicine.  I was soaking her for about 30 minutes every morning and evening.  She was very weak and during one of these soaks she fell in the water, I had walked away and when I got back I tried to get the water out of her lungs but it was too late.  This was a week ago. I felt so guilty I broken down and was nearly inconsolable.  The thing that was suppose to help her ended up killing her.  It's still really rough.  I had her only 4 years but I have no clue how old she was.  I can only guess that she was 3-5 when I got her so that would make her 7-9yrs old.  I just feel could could have had so many more had she been able to get over her illness.

Rey was about a week before that.  I noticed Rey had drastically dropped her activity level just over night and she was bloated.  I took her to the vet and they said she was very prone to cancer and with her being 2yrs I knew she wouldn't have long even if the tests came back and said it was something curable.  So they gave me enough meds for 2 weeks to give her everyday and that if she needed more to call and they would have it ready before I got there.  She only lasted 3 more days and pasted while Kasey and I were out of town on our 1 year anniversary trip.  I was sad but knowing how much pain she was in I'm glad she went quickly.  I had only had her since October but she was such a sweetie.  I think Leia and Padme knew something was up because they left her alone the last 2 days but would check on her.  I just feel bad I wasn't here.  My roommate checked on her multiple times that day.  It was the day we left and I did get to love on her before we left.  I knew she wasn't doing well because she was having a hard time breathing.  The meds calmed her down to where all she wanted to do was sleep so I like to think she wasn't in too much pain if she could sleep.

This same thing happened last spring where I lost Charlie and Buddy a week apart.  It's rough having pets but I wouldn't change it for the world.  They give me so much more than I give them and I give them a lot.  This Dr. Ray that I got Popeye from and took Claire to is great and will actually test poop every 6 month to check for parasites.  She's all about education and trying to keep them from getting sick so it's nice to finally have a vet that not only the ONLY vet in Tennessee that specializes in exotics but she isn't about trying to get every last penny out of her clients.  She lives at her clinic so she can care for the sick animals over night and will forgo sleep to care for them!  She's amazing.  I normally only hear or read about these people I don't usually have the pleasure of seeing them in person.  My animals have never not had needed medical care but the place I used to take them too was not what I would call the best but really my only option before.

Messages In This Thread
Claire and Rey are gone - by Libby - 05-03-2018, 01:42 PM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Catherine - 05-03-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Tobi - 05-04-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Libby - 05-06-2018, 12:05 AM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Catherine - 05-06-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Libby - 06-07-2018, 10:11 AM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Catherine - 06-07-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Libby - 06-11-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Catslave - 06-08-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by LPC - 06-08-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Claire and Rey are gone - by Catherine - 06-11-2018, 03:35 PM