Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career Change
(05-10-2018, 04:45 PM)Catherine Wrote: Congratulations on making a big leap. It may be less secure right now, but it will be totally worth it to be doing things you love. 
Work takes up too much of our day for us to spend it doing work we don't believe in and love.

I have never heard of wag, but it sounds like a good idea. You have your business all figured out and now you just have to push ahead with it. I am happy you are going to be working with dogs from now on. I know that is where your heart is.

Have you thought of adding reptile sitting and boarding to you business. Do you know how hard it is to find someone to look after your reptiles if you want to go away. You could even go to the house to check on the reptiles. That way they wouldn't have to be disturbed.

I can't wait to hear all the details of how things are working out. All the best of luck. 
All your years of planning and hard work are going to work out for you.

It was a crazy leap but I had to get out I was so over worked and just morally hated the job.  The customers that were coming in didn't have money to begin with and then they were in there to borrow money they can't pay back so then they would have to borrow it again and that was the company wanted.  It was eating at me to my core.

As for reptiles, owners have to contact me personally but I have a rate for collection exotics too.  Depending on how big the collection is I have a base rate this would be for bigger collections and for special needs collections $50 for up to 4 enclosures and the $10 for each addition cage after that.  That would including any feeding and water, soaks, cleaning up to full cage cleaning, and daily monitoring up to 4 hours split however needed.  Otherwise if it's just a couple exotics I can fit it into my check-in rate.  Which is $15 for 30 minutes.

I don't board yet but I could once we move out of this house.  With any luck that could happen in the next year.  Kasey has a teaching job at the community college he is applying for which would give us the extra money we would need for a house payment.  I'm looking for a house that has a good sized basement that has tile or concrete floor that could be my animal area where I could board animals.  There's this one house I found that is nearly perfect we just aren't ready to actually buy unfortunately.
It's frustrating knowing that I could make more money if we moved but because I don't make enough right now we can't even think about making a house payment.

I just got approved for Rover this morning which means my background check came back clear.  So I'm on Rover and Wag! now.  I hope this means more business.

Messages In This Thread
Career Change - by Libby - 05-10-2018, 03:30 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM
RE: Career Change - by Libby - 05-13-2018, 03:06 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-13-2018, 04:05 PM
RE: Career Change - by Libby - 05-19-2018, 11:47 PM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-20-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: Career Change - by Tobi - 05-22-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-22-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catslave - 05-22-2018, 03:31 PM