Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biodiversity Loss in the 21st Century: The Sixth Mass Extinction
Thank-you for your post. That was well written and it explains the issue very clearly. I have heard that we may be in the 6th mass extinction. You lay out the evidence and the causes very well.

Loss of biodiversity is a catastrophic problem, but it is sneaking up on us very quietly. We don't see it happen when a bacteria or even an insect becomes extinct. We have trouble accepting global warming even though there is clear evidence of climate change. Getting people to believe in loss of biodiversity is going to be hard. Until they believe in it, it will be hard to get them to act. 

I find it heart breaking to know that so many species are gone already and more disappear all the time. Right now efforts are being made in some areas. For example some places have banned pesticides and are planting things to help the pollinator species. I just don't know if it will be enough. Can the 6th mass extinction be stopped?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biodiversity Loss in the 21st Century: The Sixth Mass Extinction - by Catherine - 06-25-2018, 03:58 PM