Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman in China saves her dog from thieves
A quick thinking woman in China saved her pet dog from dog thieves by the quick use of her broom.
There is no doubt the dog would have ended up as dog meat so she didn't hesitate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...stick.html

This is part of a trend of pet owners fighting back. They are angry at dog thieves and some thieves have been attacked.
I don't blame them. I would fight back to save my pet.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Basically it is a horror story. The whole fate of dogs who are captured or the dog meat industry is a horror story.
But -great that this one had a happy ending....for now.
It must be awful to have to be so continually vigilant with your dog. The dog snatcher was intending to catch that dog right in front of the woman! So it's not just dogs left alone in yards or out of the house, wandering about, who are in danger.

The thieves (in my opinion) deserve what they get, from people who are upset by this going on, or who are protecting their dogs.

I am not a bad person at heart, but I would literally have killed a human if necessary, who intended to harm Misty at that level. So yes....I am not perfect. But Misty would have lived to see another day.
There is no doubt what would happen to a dog taken by dog thieves. I don't blame owners for fighting back.
This woman was quick and so her dog was saved. There must be many times when the owner can't stop the dog from being taken.

If the response to this is to attack dog thieves, I fully understand it. People want to protect their pets from those who would sell them to dog meat venders. If people get angry enough, the dog thieves might find it is not safe for them to work.  Stolen pets are a big part of the dog meat industry. If that can be cut off it will weaken the whole industry. They won't have a source of cheap dogs.

If that is what it takes to end the dog meat industry, I am fine with dog thieves getting what they deserve even if it is vigilante justice. Sometimes that is the only justice there is for a pet. 

I am with you. I would have fought with you to protect Misty or and other dog I know.
Catherine

Yes, if people make it harder for the dog thieves, hopefully abductions and poisonings will start to drop off?
It is sad that so many dogs in Yulin and other places are still wearing collars and name tags when they are put in the pot!
This is not "vengenace" violence, as much as it is a natural form of protection for those who cannot protect themselves. I'm afraid I agree with it.

....And "dog meat warms you up"...."dog meat cools you down"....the perpetrators obviously can't make up their minds. What a load of horrific rubbish!

Not eating meat at all -and especially not eating meat from anyone who has been so dreadfully tortured to death -has to be better for the immune system.
Quote:This is not "vengenace" violence, as much as it is a natural form of protection for those who cannot protect themselves. I'm afraid I agree with it.
The only way to stop pet abductions is for pet owners to be vigilant and sometimes to be vigilante. If the law won't protect people's pets then people have to do it themselves.

Activists already try to stop the trucks with dogs bound for slaughter. The obvious next step is to stop those that abduct dogs.
I  have thought about it and you and I would have done anything to protect Misty. We would fight for any dog we know and I think we would fight for a dog we haven't even met.
I would go after the dog stealers any day.

Quote:Not eating meat at all -and especially not eating meat from anyone who has been so dreadfully tortured to death -has to be better for the immune system.
I can't see how any reasonable person would think it is good to eat meat from and animal that has been tortured and brutally killed. The body gives off stress hormones under such circumstances. Eating meat like that would not be healthy. It would possibly put the persons health at risk. 

Considering that they are eating dog meat knowing how the animals died, I hope it does have consequences.
As they say, you reap what you sow. I think that applies to what you eat as well.
Catherine