Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken rescue
I am sorry you lost a hen. It must be nice to have old girls clucking around the house. Are your neighbours allowed to have their dogs loose? I suspect that is a city dwellers question. Country dogs get to roam, don't they.
So will you bring in chicks or young hens? I am sure your old girls will love to have some young chickens around. Heart
Do keep us posted on the chickens as snow plows experiment. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Will do, lol!
Some states have "open range" laws. Ours is not one of them. In other words it is illegal to let your animals roam [off your property] in our state, which is what these dogs are doing.
Payne has even been attacked and bitten, in her own yard, by these dogs. She will not back down from them though. She is pretty awesome about protecting her property and everything on it!
We will most likely get some young hens that are already laying. My friend has many chickens and has been saving a few hens back for me. Just waiting for the weather to settle so it will make the transition easier.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Do post pictures of the new hens when you get them. I am sure they will be beautiful young ladies.Angel
I think we are all waiting for the warmer weather. Smiley16

That is a problem if the neighbour lets his dogs roam. Is there anything you can do about it? You don't want to create bad neighbours, but it is bad when your own dog is attacked on your property.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine